Wed, Mar 20|
Ecology Retreat Centre, ON Canada
OD for Life North American Gathering 2024
A first gathering in North America/Turtle Island of those drawn to shift the field of Organizational Development to be more aligned with life
Time & Location
Mar 20, 2024, 5:00 p.m. – Mar 23, 2024, 10:00 a.m.
Ecology Retreat Centre, ON Canada, 308046 Hockley Rd, Mono, ON L9W 6N2, Canada
About the event
We are gathering to support transformation in our work, in the field, in ourselves, and in the world.
Building on the global community that has grown out of two annual gatherings in Europe, we will come together March 20 - 23 in the Ontario countryside to:
- gather in nature, in friendship and in shared learning;
- invite new, diverse voices into this important inquiry;
- deepen our clarity and commitment;
- shift the field of OD in its many forms and contexts so that it is more fully aligned with life.
What you can expect is a space and time:
- To be courageous in acknowledging the truths of our time and our work.
- To engage authentically with nature — to slow down; to come back to body and senses; to deepen our capacity to connect with life and all its guiding wisdom.
- To connect with the intelligence of the collective — this is not teaching or advocating, but a place for mutual discovery and support.
- To inquire and work at multiple levels: field, practice, project and self.
The Ecology Retreat Centre is in Orangeville, Ontario, within 200 acres of forest, meadows and woodland trails that are the traditional territory and ancestral lands of the Tionontati (Petun), Attawandaron (Neutral), Haudenosaunee (Six Nations), and Anishinaabe peoples. The Centre is 90 minutes from downtown Toronto (45 minutes from the airport). We are happy to help you understand local transportation options and to coordinate transfers from bus, train and airport.
This gathering is being provided at cost. The team of hosts are donating their time. The costs are as follows, not including 13% tax:
- Full cost, single room: $975 CDN
- Full cost, shared 2-person room: $915 CDN
- 3 subsidised spots, shared 2-person room: $410 CDN
For "subsidised" spots, the subsidy is shared across the full cost of everyone else's payments as a way for all of us to support diversity and accessibility. As you RSVP in the form below, please let us know if you would like to request a subsidised spot.
Costs include 3 nights' lodging at the Ecology Retreat Centre, 8 delicious meals (dinner Wed; breakfast, lunch & dinner Thurs & Fri; breakfast Sat), snacks, beautiful meeting venue, meeting materials, wifi, campfire and more. You will be responsible for your own travel arrangements.
HOSTS & STEWARDS
REGISTRATION & CONTACT
Please click on the RSVP link below to signal your interest. Or reach out to any of us with questions or comments:
Michelle Holliday: email@example.com
Din van Helden: firstname.lastname@example.org
Janet Frood: email@example.com
Our cancellation policy is shaped by the policy of our venue. If you must cancel your registration, first: we'll miss you! Second, if you let us know before January 24, we'll be able to refund 75% of your payment. If between January 24 and March 6, we'll be able to refund 50% of your payment. On or after March 6, unfortunately we won't be able to offer any refunds. You are welcome to transfer your registration to someone else.